James Lee Swanson
One of the swarm of Swanys who have infested the northern hemisphere since the days we learned to tell the right brain from the left behind.
- Born in the land of ten thousand lakes: Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1947 .
- One of 700 baby boomers who graduated from Robbinsdale High School in1965.
- Studied chemistry at the Illinois Institute of Technology from 1965 to 68. Chicago is the windy city, some say caused by the preponderance of pizza and hot dogs in their diet.
- Veteran of the United States Army, 1969–1972. Wounded with a cut to the bone during my tour of duty, by a surgeon at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, just down the road from Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Partially disabled (no more than most, really) recipient of the Cold War Commendation.
- Married the ravishing Abigail E Goshorn of Baie D’Urfé, Québec, in Denver, Colorado, forty-odd years ago.
- Since then lived in
- Granted citizenship in the Dominion of Canada in 1978, thereby and heartily swearing allegiance in all matters of international dispute to the councils of Her Majesty the Queen of Canada, and Her successors as might be annointed.
- Father of two offspring, whence five grandchildren (one deceased).
- Card-carrying retiree of the Banff Centre, having whiled away many a day as a web developer.
- Worked at the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies as a darkroom technician, desktop publisher, and database developer.
- In McBride: Editor of a small-town weekly newspaper, long defunct; self-unemployed gypo carpenter; seasonal stints as a utility worker at Mount Robson Park
- Renaissance pseudo-scholar nipped in the proverbial bud — little Latin and no Greek to me.
- Creative writer
That’s me in a nutshell. God bless and pass the ammunition.